Since my new toy is due here within the week, I separated my music collection into 9 sections in order to get through it as quickly as possible. I'm ripping all of my music first, then my hubby's. Our tastes are so different that in the event of a divorce we could quickly and easily separate all the music with no quibbling. We had only 1 CD in common when we got together 10 years ago, and we each had a collection of approximately 200 CD's. Then, once I get my new toy I'll be able to "rip" my tapes to mp3's as well.
When he uses my vehicle and first gets in, my stereo is playing my music at volume level 5 (my vehicle always starts it at 5 if it was at 5 or louder) This is a godsend for him since he used to get in my old vehicle and it would still be at 9, where I left it.
The next time I get into it, the stereo will be in one of the following states:
1. my music still playing, volume turned all the way down (why he turns the volume knob, rather than hitting the power button is beyond me)
2. his music playing, volume at about a 3 (assuming 10 is the loudest, 0 is the lowest)
His music consists of country (any variety) and some older rock.
My music consists of mainly 80's alternative, punk, industrial and others, consisting of a fairly diverse sampling which does not include country.
We recently received a memo at work that we are no longer allowed to listen to music during the daytime work hours. Personally I think this probably does more harm than good, since most people have the music on very low (.5) and use it more of a white noise/background noise situation. Now instead everytime someone has a phone conversation or walks by my cube it's distracting. Even muzak would be a welcome respite. At work I'd usually play soundtracks, giving me a variety that wouldn't be offensive.
For the curious, the 1 CD was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits.
6 comments:
*laugh* that sounds about like Paul and I! ;)
The rest of my life can be in utter chaos, but my movies, books and cds are always alpha arranged, with a few small genre groups in each. Mainly to keep, for example, the Christmas, Halloween and Kids cds out of the way.
My college roommate's boyfriend apparently had nothing better to do one day and thought he'd be funny, by arranging all my cds in reverse alpha order. I think it bugged him because I left it. I don't really care which way it goes, so long as I can find what I want quickly.
By muzak I was envisioning a generic instrumental... however, I think if I had to listen to synthesized Ace of Base all day I'd have to quit. Either that or be committed!
*laugh* They reined you in... what kind of music did they want to listen to???
I chose Super Saver Shipping so it won't be here until Monday. Giving me enough time to rips CD's etc... I hate having to wait for new toys... very impatient ;)
I think it irked him even more because he must have invested at least 15-20 minutes into doing it too... now had he taken the time to put the CD's in reverse alpha order swapping them into cases that were still in alpha order, now that would have driven me
nuts!!!
woohoo my verification word is flybipi... sounds like fun...
I got it... it came yesterday... it's teeny tiny and super cute! I was going to post at lunch! :P
I charged it last night, but that's about all I was able to do. I'll load it up and test it out this evening, or I'll go home at lunch if I decide I can't wait! ;)
Well I loaded it up and I'm playing it now and I love it!!! so far :)
I bought a new ipod with my Christmas gift card from the Apple store. I wanted it so badly, but have I loaded any songs yet? Noooo and I've had it two weeks. I think it all comes down to forcing myself to organize my CD's which means actually finding the CD's which never seem to be in their cases. It drives me nuts. As far as my musical taste...I listen to just about everything. It makes life easier when you are on a raod trip with fiends.
It's been prohibited at work... but I'll use it for working out and in the car (I got an FM transmitter for it) and plane trips and in bed at night... Paul likes to watch tv at night, I'd rather relax listening to music.
Netter: I've been ripping and prepping for mine for two weeks... I ordered it on Valentine's Day. I didn't get a chance to load anything the first night, because it was charging and I was finishing off the last of my cd's... I think I was a bit too excited to get mine ;)
Word Verification: vaxavam... sounds like a new med.
Post a Comment