Finally got around to making an Apple Galette

Ok, ever since I saw this Apple Galette at Angry Chicken, I've been wanting to make one. Since I had a TON of apples, well more like 8-9 lbs, I finally threw some spiced apples together for canning and used some of them to make one. It turned out great and was pretty easy compared to a full-fledged pie. Amy also has a great recipe cheat sheet for her fridge that she shared, which has it on there as well. I just multiplied my normal pie crust recipe by 1.5 for my recipe, I left the sugar and salt alone though. You can up them a bit if you like, but I think it turned out perfect.


I figured since I mentioned the galette in the Apple Butter recipe post prior to starting Kitchen Comforts some of you might be interested in what I finally threw together.

2 comments:

MiYon said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so good!!! Yummy!

Barbara said...

I had to keep myself from just eating the spiced apples. It's good but very non-fussy for casual meals. I have FINALLY used all the apples I had in the house.