We went to Thunder Road in Fargo last Sunday for Paul's birthday and played mini-golf and drove go-kart's. Paul and I have talked many times about how something like that would go over well in Grand Forks. I'm not really sure what the plans are for the Canad Inn and the waterpark area, perhaps they'll include something along those lines. If I had the capital I'd consider doing something like that myself. We enjoyed it so much we're going again this Sunday and bringing along my brother-in-law and his two boys. We always feel like Fargo is such a ways to go to do things, but realistically it's only a little farther than going up to the farm where his parents live and we think nothing of having to run up there after work some evenings.
I'd like to visit around the area a bit more, since I know we won't live here forever.
Blog Title courtesy of The Smithereens - Green Thoughts
3 comments:
There's a Thunder Road here in Sioux Falls and I keep saying I should take the fam there but it never happens. It's right by Carousel Skate and we go there about once a month. I have never driven a go-kart! I love mini-golf, though. In Colorado, they call it putt-putt. Putt-putt? LOL
Speaking of memes, you should do the Thursday Thirteen.
It was fun, the girls would probably like it... I actually have a real word for my word verification... craziness... saute... makes me think of frogs legs or chicken tenderloins...
It's called putt-putt in a few places on the east coast as well. I'll probably start doing the Thursday Thirteen next week. Since I still haven't come up with "topics". I'm going to make an effort to write actual posts for a while. There are plenty of things to ponder, surely some of them make for interesting entries as well. If not, *shrug*... oh well...
Eh, don't worry about interesting. Mine never are and people seem to enjoy the torture, even enough to comment sometimes. LOL :P
Seriously, glad to have you back in the blogosphere!
Post a Comment