Paul and I have begun the adoption process for a young boy and girl in Kazakhstan. We are very excited, and I've started
another blog to give updates and to post pictures and such over time. It'll be a week before I put much information on there, but that's been my primary focus in my free time the last week or so.
1 comment:
It's actually quite a long story, but I'll condense as best I can. First, we've tried for the last 8.5 years to conceive our own, unsuccessfully. We finally started the infertility treatments quite seriously about 2 years ago (when I graduated from college). I have PCOS and while many women that have it are able to successfully conceive with various fertility treatments, we weren't so lucky. We got to the point where we would have to start IVF, and I got to the point where I said enough is enough.
It probably seems silly, but somehow I knew that we would adopt right from the very beginning. I've thought about adopting since I was very young. So in a way it's just that it's now the right time. Even if I had children of my own I figured I'd also have adopted children as well.
Post a Comment