So, it's my 30th birthday, big deal right? We reach a certain point in our lives though where we expect to have accomplished certain things. This is one of them. I'm still wondering when I grew up.
Part of the drudgery of it all is that everyone expects me to be having this big party this year, and I would prefer to just spend the time alone with Paul. Of course, with my "need" to please everyone, I'm hoping that they'll be fine with it. People tell me time and time again not to worry about how other people feel. Blah, what kind of world would that be if we were all self-centered? Maybe I'm being self-centered for wanting to bring a child into a world that seems so full of turmoil and topsy-turvy... Is that really going to change though? I can't think of a time in history when there weren't issues, and most of us have turned out ok, right? Then I get these fanatics that mention the population control issues, but why is that my problem when I'd be happy if I could even have one, and there are people out there with 10+ children?
So, today I decided I was going to just relax and spoil myself tonight, well what happens, I get sick. Fun fun... so here I am... my 30th birthday, sitting home sick, and I'd rather be at work and at least have someone to talk with. SOOOOO, instead I'm going to medicate myself and make some hot tea and study MAS 4.0 instead. Actually, that probably sounds boring to some, but I do love what I do, and this is a huge release. Unless you are a true technogeek, I don't think you can fully understand the thrill new software features can bring... Yes, I'm a geek, but I don't mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment